Telling the Story of a Green Building
In 2007, the Yale School of Forestry and Environmental Studies broke ground on a new home for the school that would fully embody the values and mission of the institution. Bill was there to capture the entire construction process and worked closely with school administrators, the web staff, and the design and construction team to create a suite of deliverables that tell the story of Kroon, including:
- an eight-minute video posted on Yale’s YouTube channel that illustrates both the construction process and key green features of the building,
- a brochure aimed at visitors to the building combining striking photographs with non-technical prose,
- the conceptual development and content for an electronic kiosk that presents live building performance data and in-depth descriptions of green features,
- monthly multimedia web updates to capture construction as it unfolded,
- and a package of training materials to orient building users.
Kroon Hall has been widely recognized as a new model in sustainable architecture, and thanks to Tamarack the story of the building is reaching a wide audience.